Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Radical Improvement of Blogger

I realize that this post might be tempting fate (but I don't believe in that anyway, so I'll post away) but I must say that I am impressed with the radical improvement in Blogger over the last few weeks. Because my blog's archive is so massive, Blogger would not let me join the new, once Beta Blogger for some time, but finally it allowed me in, and now everyone has to be in and the old Blogger has been formally retired. It was a regular complaint among bloggers on Blogger that it was unreliable, that posts wouldn't post, that it would go down, that one would lose posts in progress. But all has been going swimmingly now for some time. In particular, I am happy with the way that Blogger is FTPing to my own server, at ntgateway.com, because this used to be one of the slowest elements in the whole business. And what with labels and all too, and the integration with Google for us Googleholics, it's becoming a technically pleasurable experience to blog with Blogger. I am pleased I stuck with it in those unhappy earlier days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I concur, the new blogging system Google developed is so much reliable. I use FTP as well to upload the files and I haven't seen it crash on me yet.