Thursday, September 26, 2013

York Christian Apocrypha Symposium 2013

I am on my way to the York Christian Apocrypha Symposium 2013 in Toronto.  Today (Thursday) is arrival day for the speakers, but the conference gets going on Friday and continues through to Saturday afternoon.  

The organizer, Tony Burke, has put together an excellent symposium and you can read the details here:

2013 York Christian Apocrypha Symposium
The 2013 York Christian Apocrypha Symposium, “Forbidden Texts on the Western Frontier: The Christian Apocrypha in North American Perspectives,” will take place at York University September 26–28, 2013. 
The event is organized by Tony Burke (York University) in consultation with Brent Landau (University of Oklahoma). It brings together 22 Canadian and U.S. scholars to share their work and discuss present and future collaborative projects . . . 
Tony Burke has been previewing the symposium on his Apocryphicity blog.  He has added profiles of speakers over the last few months.   I look forward to seeing some of you there.  It looks like it is going to be an excellent symposium.  For those who can't make it, I should say that I will be taking my blogging machine and I hope to get the chance to chat about the conference here on the NT Blog.

No comments: